Your data is protected by the security certification IS0 27001:2013 and privacy certification IS0 27701:2019.
Keeping our customers' data protected at all times is our highest priority. This security overview provides a high-level overview of the security practices put in place to achieve that objective.
Have questions or feedback? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Status and Incident Notifications
We are using a status page to show and notify on service disruptions and incidents.
All of our services run in the cloud. We don’t host or run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers. Our service is built on Google Cloud Platform. They provide strong security measures to protect our infrastructure and are compliant with most certifications. You can read more about their practices here:
Data Center Security
Our data centers are located in the United States and the EU. They are a Tier IV, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and SOC 1/2/3 compliant facility. The data center facilities are protected 24/7 with different security measures (guards, CCTV, electronic access control, etc.). Monitoring and alerting is in place for security breaches, power, HVAC, and temperature.
Network Level Security Monitoring and Protection
Our network security architecture consists of multiple security zones. We monitor and protect our network, to make sure no unauthorized access is performed using:
- A virtual private cloud (VPC), a bastion host or VPN with network access control lists (ACL’s) and no public IP addresses.
- A firewall that monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic including WAF.
- IP address filtering
We use Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services powered by an industry-leading solution.
- Encryption in transit: All data sent to or from our infrastructure is encrypted in transit via industry best-practices using Transport Layer Security (TLS). You can see our SSLLabs report here.
- Encryption at rest: All our user data (including passwords) is encrypted using battled-proofed encryption algorithms in the database.
Data Retention and Removal
We retain your usage data for a period of 90 days after ending the contract with us. All data is then completely removed from the dashboard and server. Your company can request the removal of usage data by contacting support.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
We back up all our critical assets and regularly attempt to restore the backup to guarantee a fast recovery in case of disaster. All our backups are encrypted.
Application Security Monitoring
- We use a security monitoring solution to get visibility into our application security, identify attacks and respond quickly to a data breach.
- We use technologies to monitor exceptions, logs and detect anomalies in our applications.
- We collect and store logs to provide an audit trail of our applications activity.
Application Security Protection
- We use a runtime protection system that identifies and blocks OWASP Top 10 and business logic attacks in real-time.
- We use security headers to protect our users from attacks.
- We use security automation capabilities that automatically detect and respond to threats targeting our apps.
We develop following security best practices and frameworks (OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25). We use the following best practices to ensure the highest level of security in our software:
- Developers participate in regular security training to learn about common vulnerabilities and threats.
- We review our code for security vulnerabilities.
- We regularly update our dependencies and make sure none of them has known vulnerabilities.
- We use Static Application Security Testing (SAST) to detect basic security vulnerabilities in our codebase.
- We use Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) to scan our applications.
We provide a 2-factor authentication mechanism to protect our users from account takeover attacks. Setting up this extra security measure is optional but highly recommended to increase the security of sensitive data. Please refer to sales to add it.
Account Takeover Protection
We protect our users against data breaches by monitoring and blocking brute force attacks.
Role-based Access Control
Role-based access control (RBAC) is offered on all our accounts and allows our users to define roles and permissions.
All payment instrument processing is safely outsourced to the supported payment gateways integrations which are certified as a PCI Level 1 Service Provider. We don’t collect any payment information and are therefore not subject to PCI obligations.
- Our strict internal procedure prevents any employee or administrator from gaining access to user data. Limited exceptions can be made for customer support.
- All our employees sign a Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement when joining the company to protect our customers’ sensitive information.
Gaviti is compliant with GDPR standards.
We don’t share your data with any outside parties. Non-disclosure is part of our agreement and the use of your data is strictly to help you achieve your goals with the Gaviti platform.